Lisette Cooper, PhD
Managing Partner, Chief Investment Officer
Lisette founded Athena in 1993. Today, she serves as Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner. In these roles, she sets the firm’s overall direction and leads the Investment Committee.
Prior to founding Athena, Lisette served as Manager of Consulting Services for Barra Inc., now MSCI Barra. She and her team specialized in modeling risk and developing investment solutions for institutional investors. She spent five years as a Senior Strategist at Merrill Lynch, where she analyzed, designed, and marketed innovative securities to money managers, banks, and pension funds. Lisette also has extensive experience in the hedge fund industry.
- PhD from Harvard University
- Bachelor's Degree from Wesleyan University
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- Co-author – Choosing the Right Asset Mix: Guidance for Individuals with New Wealth, September 2019
- Co-authored patent titled “Deriving a Probability Distribution of a Value of an Asset at a Future Time"
- Co-author – Investing in Gender Equality, January 2018
- Co-author – Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management, Spring 2016
- Co-author – Values-Based and Impact Investing: An Introduction
- Named a 2017 "Women to Watch" honoree by InvestmentNews
- Former Expert in Residence, Harvard Innovation Lab (2015-2017)
- Alumni Council Member, Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Board Member, Boston Youth Sanctuary
- Board of Trustees, The Garrison Institute
- Board Member, Mind & Life Institute