Lisette Cooper, PhD
Managing Partner, Chief Investment Officer
Lisette founded Athena in 1993. Today, she serves as Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer. In these roles, she sets the firm’s overall direction and leads the Investment Committee.
Prior to founding Athena, Lisette served as manager of consulting services for Barra Inc., now MSCI Barra. She and her team specialized in modeling risk and developing investment solutions for institutional investors. She spent five years as a senior strategist at Merrill Lynch, where she analyzed, designed, and marketed innovative securities to institutional investors.
- PhD from Harvard University
- Bachelor's Degree from Wesleyan University
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- Co-author – Choosing the Right Asset Mix: Guidance for Individuals with New Wealth, September 2019
- Co-authored patent titled “Deriving a Probability Distribution of a Value of an Asset at a Future Time"
- Co-author – Investing in Gender Equality, January 2018
- Co-author – Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management, Spring 2016
- Named to the 2019 "Top 100 Women-Led Businesses in Massachusetts" list by The Boston Globe
- Named a 2017 "Women to Watch" honoree by InvestmentNews
- Former Expert in Residence, Harvard Innovation Lab (2015-2017)
- Alumni Council Member, Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Board Member, Boston Youth Sanctuary
- Board of Trustees, The Garrison Institute
- Board Member and Fellow, Mind & Life Institute